Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The LAKE!

If I could bottle a feeling and some how retain it forever I'd have to consider bottling the feeling I have when I wake up in the morning and see....



Ahhhh. What a feeling! We always look forward to the next trip to Lake Powell! And it certainly helps that we get to stay on an amazing houseboat! Thanks Brick and George! This year we (by we I mean Brick and boys) actually beached the houseboat and stayed out playing from dawn til dusk! We were stoked that the Muirs were able to come down from SD to join us and Isaiah always has lots of fun with his cousins! Skyler and Britt came as well as Alisha and Kaylee. We missed Samantha this time but we'll get her to come next time! We had so much fun, words could not express it and blogger couldn't possibly hold all the memories but here's a few;





One day while walking through Walmart I had this seemingly fun idea about everyone wearing red,white and blue for a day while we were at the lake. Luckily for me Andrew's family usually takes to my wonky ideas pretty well. They even took it up a notch and some one bought bandanna's and we ended up with some crazy glasses, bracelets, necklaces and tank tops. We blew the red,white and blue through the roof!







Geeze- imagine how much fun we could have had if it was actually the 4th of July or something!


Can't forget about the houseboat slide:




Amongst the sliding, tubing, wakeboarding, knee-boarding and air-chairing, the guys and kids also managed to sneek in some fishing! Who'da thought?




So after all that fun we needed some time to recover- but of course there was no time for rest! My new motto~




and that sums up our 2010 Lake Powell Adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I you ever find a way to bottle that feeling, I'll buy 10 bottles.

    ReplyDelete